Monday, October 6, 2008

Psalm 27:1

"Give Time To Quietness" by Amy Carmichael

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalm 27:1

The fight to which we have been called is not an easy fight. We are touching the very center of the Devil's power and kingdom, and he hates us intensely and fights hard against us. We have no chance at all of winning this fight unless we are disciplined like soldiers, utterly out-and-out and uncompromising, and men and women of prayer.

So, first, give much time to quietness. For the most part we have to get our help directly from our God. We are here to help, not to be helped, and we must each learn to walk with God alone and feed on His Word so as to be nourished. Don't only read and pray; listen. And don't evade the slightest whisper of guidance that comes. May God make you very sensitive, and very obedient.

Fill up the crevices of time with the things that matter most. This will cost something, but it is worth it. "Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek" (Psalm 27:8).

All this will be, if you walk with Him as with a visible Companion, from dawn through all the hours till you go to sleep at night. And your nights will be holy, too, for He is watching over your sleep as your mother watched over it when you were a tiny child.

My own words:
This is powerful I know I fail often with having God compartmentalized....he can be with me here and here....forgetting to bring him over there and here. I know I feel like I'm not worth helping anyone right now, but I pray that God would push me aside and continue to work...even when I do not feel like it at times. It goes back to the whole footprint story. I know He's carrying me right now. I PRAISE GOD on HIGH for carrying me when I feel worthless and weak! May my life and others seek His face...words and life!

No comments: