Tuesday, October 28, 2008

4-H Youth Development

I found this on a Texas 4-H Club site and thought it was very interesting to see a 4-H prayer. It made me happy that in some places, there is prayer! After researching a little bit, the National 4-H Youth Development program does not promote religion due to the laws of the land. It has to do with diversity and non-discrimination.

I thought I'd share what I found. What if every one said this little prayer everyday? Would our world be a better place?

4-H Motto :"To make the best better"

4-H Prayer :
"Help me, Oh Lord, to live so that the world may be a little better, because thou hast made me"

4-H Pledge :
I pledge my HEAD to clearer thinking,
My HEART to greater loyalty,
My HANDS to larger service,
and my HEALTH to better living,
for my club, my community,
my country, and my world.

No comments: