Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PSALM 27:14

"Grouch Times Four" By Marabel Morgan

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14

Most mornings when I awaken, I am pleasantly surprised to find I'm still alive. On occasion I have been known to wake up mean and irritable, but even then I can choose not to stay that way. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may not come. Today is the only slot of time I really have. What a shame to blow it. I want to make today the very best possible.

Ultimate freedom, according to Dr. Viktor E. Frankl, is man's right to choose his own attitude in a given set of circumstances. Before I crawl out of bed, I thank the Lord for another day and ask for strength. Maybe I'm to clean the house, or work at the office, or talk with a friend over lunch. The tasks aren't the issue; my attitude is.

Sometimes I may choose to just pout or withdraw from the human race for a day, and there's a certain sadistic satisfaction in doing that too. But it doesn't compare with the exhilarating joy that comes when I fall into bed at night thinking, "What a day! I did well. I feel good. Thank you, Lord."

My own words:

Wow...now that is an awesome feeling to want....knowing that I got my attitude and actions lined with God's! Attitude adjusting must take place for each of us. I hope that I can get it right more than I fail. May we all work towards having positive attitudes and making actions that are in God's will for our life! AMEN

No comments: