Monday, September 8, 2008

Luke 8:25

Even This... by Amy Carmichael

"Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him." - Luke 8:25 NIV

Is there something you are facing - whether in your outer circumstances or in your inner character - that seems impossible to command? Something that has baffled you and outwitted you a thousand times, and appears that it will win over you in the end?

Don't despair. Don't shrug and give up. Our Lord - your Lord and mine - can command even the most difficult, unruly thing that seems as if it will never be commanded.

Let His word "even" be a comfort to you. He who commands even the winds and water (and they must obey Him) - He can say to that "even" yours, "Peace, be still." And there will come for you a "great calm" (Mark 4:39).

Remember that there is nothing you are asked to do in your own strength. Not the least, nor the greatest. Isn't that amazing? How utterly foolish it is to plead weakness when we - even you and I - may move into the stream of that power. If only we will.


God has definitely been so good to be in giving me peace and contentment. I still have moments where I cry and wonder what the answer to my questions and prayers could be, yet I know He has a plan. I've been praying for God to push me aside and let Him do His work. More has been accomplished this week by me stepping aside. I praise Him on High!

No comments: