Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fruits of the Spirit - PEACE

Fruit of the Spirit - The Nine Biblical Attributes

The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life. In order to mature as believers, we should study and understand the attributes of the ninefold fruit:


PEACE

- State of calm and quiet: public security under law
- Freedom from disturbing thoughts or emotions
- A state of concord (as between persons or governments) also an agreement to end hostilities

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).


1. What makes you at peace?

2. Describe a peaceful place.

3. What peace do you bring to others?

4. What does a peaceful life look like?

5. How was Christ PEACEFUL?

6. What things can you do to have peace in your heart?

For me, this is how I would answer the questions for my perspective and thought process....

1. Stepping aside and letting God work, being organized, spending quality time with family and friends

2. Laying under the stars with the breeze tickling my face while listening to Watermark!

3. I may not always bring peace to others, but I think when I do....it's sharing what God has taught me...my trials, successes, stubbornness...just sharing...others learn and hopefully don't have to go the path I took to learn something....learning through others is a lot faster and simpler method! :)

4. A peaceful life looks like...hmmm...when I trust God to do His work...taking time to create healthy boundaries while trying to keep on top of things...following through on things and feeling like I have purpose.

5. He is constantly at peace when he unconditionally love us. His works of beauty, grace and mercy shed light on so many things. He is PEACE!

6. PRAY, STUDY HIS WORD, LET GO AND LET GOD!

No comments: