Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ephesians 5:17

"Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is." - Ephesians 5:17

Discovering God's Will by Carole Mayhall

"Before we can address the questions we have about God's specific will, we must look at how we are leading our lives in light of His revealed will. Take God's command that we walk in love. If after a tough day, I snap at my family and take out my frustration on them in a hateful way, I'm obviously not living in God's will. (OUCH)

If I'm not obeying the revealed will of God, it isn't likely that I will receive further instruction on the specific choices I face in my life. That would be like asking for directions when I hold a road map in my hands. (OUCH)

Once we've made a concentrated effort to know and follow God's revealed will, we can ask for His direction on the specifics in our life- those forks in the road. Fortunately, we can relax a little on knowing God's specific will for one simple person- one many of us overlook. Discerning God's specific will is not a mystery game where He's trying to hold something back from us.

Often we feel we must go through layers and layers, all the time wondering "Will God really let me know about this?" when all along God is saying, "I'll show you." He is a God who loves us and wants us to find His will. We just need to have an open heart to His leading."


After reading and typing this...lots of things come across my heart and mind. I know that I am a work in progress and thank God that He know I'm human. I know that I can do big things in simple ways, which is a lot different than how I used to think. We are small and God is big....let life unwind, yet make sure you do something. I praise God for Tresea seeing and accepting her call....and may Gaby see that God is working as we speak...just slow down and let Him work! :) And for Aunt Tracy seeing that she has great strength and the ability to lift spirits with her love and gifts! And for my cuz Jayson that he'll remember that his verse texting is very important...and to bring it back...he got me back into it!

1 comment:

Moi said...

hey there. its so cool that you have two blogs...i find that one blog is never enough once you get started. Love the background! Dont forget to add a link to LeeLou designs if you borrowed her backgrounds!
Cant wait to see what you do with both blogs!